2222 W. Grand River Ave, STE A, Okemos, MI, 48864 | (248) 247-2033
by Michigan Registered Agent LLC

Michigan Filing Tips

Michigan Frequently Asked Questions

The only way for the general public to make filings with the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Commercial Services, Corporation Division is to mail them in to:

Michigan Department of Energy, Labor & Economic Growth
Bureau of Commercial Services Corporation Division
PO Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909

(And the state wonders why they are unorganized and broke!! If a department name is two sentences long, you can probably imagine how badly run and organized it is!!)

What is the difference between a Michigan registered agent and a Michigan resident agent?

There is no real difference. Most states call it a registered agent, but in Michigan, we call it a resident agent. You also have to have a registered office, which has to be a real physical address located in Michigan. It’s just a little corporate lingo for basically the same thing.

Michigan Registered Agent LLC provides all the forms, pre-filled out with our info on them after you sign up for our Michigan registered agent service. (Or if you’d prefer, we’ll call it Michigan resident agent service.) Most of America calls what we do a registered agent, so we just found it easier to call it that also than trying to explain it all day long.