Michigan Registered Agent
As a Michigan LLC ourselves, we know that choosing the right Michigan registered agent is one of the most crucial decisions you’ll make when forming a new LLC or corporation.
A Michigan registered agent (also called a “resident agent”) is the connection point between your company and the state, accepting legal documents on your company’s behalf. To safeguard your business, you need a reliable, trustworthy registered agent—like us.
Order Michigan Registered Agent Service
Our Michigan Registered Agent Service helps secure your privacy and reputation while freeing you to conduct business as usual. It’s also incredibly affordable.
Our pricing is enough to make a living and stay in business, enough that we don’t have to try to up-sell you anything. Most importantly, it’s enough to keep our pricing plan simple. For $49 a year, you receive:
- A local resident agent and registered office in Okemos, MI
- A secure online account that you can access at any time
- Real-time compliance and legal document uploading and delivery
- Compliance reminders and updates to keep you in good standing
- Expert service from our friendly and professional filing team
- Lifetime client support
- Transparent pricing that won’t change
After you sign up, you will be logged immediately into your online client account. There, you’ll have access to all the same legal forms you’d find on the various Michigan business sites, pre-filled with our correct information.
Should You Be Your Own Michigan Registered Agent?
As long as you meet the requirements, you could choose to be your own Michigan registered agent instead.
You would need to:
- Maintain a registered office with a Michigan street address where you can physically receive legal documents and mail from the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA).
- Be available in person to receive documents during regular business hours (typically, 9 to 5) at your registered office.
But is it a good idea? There are positive and negative aspects to being your own Michigan registered agent.
- Cost. Serving as your own Michigan resident agent is free.
- Connection to your business. If you’re someone who wants to be involved with every detail of your business, you may appreciate being your own registered agent.
- Privacy concerns. When you apply to certify your business, your registered office address will be included on your paperwork and entered into the public record. You may not want your home or business address to be so easily available.
- Availability conflicts. If you are your own registered agent, you may be busy working when a process server arrives.
- Lack of flexibility. Because you must be on-site at your registered office during regular business hours, you are essentially tied to that location during the workweek. If you take an off-site meeting, work lunch, or business trip anytime Monday through Friday, between 9 and 5, you may miss a time-sensitive legal notice, such as a summons or suit.
- Lack of professionalism. If a process server is trying to hand you a lawsuit in front of clients, it can hurt your company’s image.
Hire a Michigan Registered Agent Service
If serving as your own Michigan registered agent doesn’t appeal to you or won’t work with your business, you can hire a professional registered agent service.
A professional registered agent service like Michigan Registered Agents protects your privacy, time, and reputation by allowing you to use its address as your registered office, accepting legal documents for you, and providing annual report reminders.
Get started ordering Michigan Registered Agent Service.