Michigan Registered Agent Services
Here at Michigan Registered Agent LLC, we are a registered agent service that provides you with the best local care around—we’re committed to transparency and accuracy with your documents.
For only $49 a year, we offer expert care at a price that never goes up. We also offer LLC and corporation formation and registration services to get your business up and running in Michigan.
Read more about how Michigan Registered Agent LLC can help your business today.
Registered Agent Service
A Michigan registered agent, also referred to as a statutory agent or a designated agent, is a person or company residing within Michigan that is available during business hours to accept legal documents like lawsuits on your behalf.
Having a registered agent is a mandatory requirement from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). It is also a safety precaution. Registered agents inform you of legal notices quickly, making sure you don’t miss notices about court dates or compliance dates.
So why hire us to be your registered agent?
- Local Registered Agent Office. We are a local business committed to excellent customer service and speedy results. As a Michigan business ourselves, we keep up to date with all the LARA requirements and adjustments. We pass that information along to you.
- Secure Online Account. Documents sent to us on your behalf are immediately scanned at our Michigan office and uploaded into your secure online account. We then send you notification that you have new mail to view and download.
- Annual Report Reminders. All LLCs and corporations operating in Michigan must file an annual report. Our secure account offers clients a place to check for the upcoming due date, and we send multiple email reminders to file your report on time.
- Michigan Filing Forms Library. All the forms you need to file with LARA will be available on your online account, pre-filled with our Michigan registered agent information so you can file immediately. Additionally, your account will contain filing instructions and helpful tips to make your Michigan business filing experience even easier.
- Michigan Registered Agent Pricing. It costs a flat rate of $49 a year to hire us as your registered agent. This includes all of the things listed above and our excellent customer service!
Michigan Business Formation Service
All businesses operating in Michigan must be registered with LARA. But don’t worry—we can help! Our Business Formation Service is available for all our registered agent clients. For only $100 plus state fees, we will fill out and file your paperwork, handling all the pesky details for you.
Domestic vs. Foreign Businesses
A domestic business is a company formed in the state where you are doing business. For example, an Ann Arbor, MI local coffee shop is a Michigan domestic company.
A foreign business is a company that was originally formed in one state but is registering to do business in an another. So, if you have a small boutique in Ohio and want to open a warehouse in Michigan, you will need to register with LARA as a foreign business.
In addition to forming your domestic Michigan LLC or corporation, we can register your out-of-state LLC or corporation in Michigan. After hiring us as your registered agent, you can go into your account and click “Add Services” and add on foreign registration filing for $100 plus state fees.
Looking for something more specific? We’ve got you. We offer the little extras that you might want for your business. Add-on services are available at the bottom of the sign-up page or in your account after registration.
- Annual Report Compliance. This is available for all LLCs, for-profit corporations, and non-profit corporations. We will send you a reminder 90 days before your report is due. If you would like to hire us to file this for you, we will submit the report 60 days before its due date. This is a $100 add-on fee.
- Tax ID. Also called an EIN (Employer Identification Number) or FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number), we can get this all squared away for you. With a SSN, this is $50. Without a SSN, this is $200.
- S-Corp Filing. The S-Corp or Subchapter S election is a tax election (not a business entity) that can provide tax savings for some businesses. For a one-time add-on fee of $100, we can file this for you.
- Corporate Book. A corporate book stores all of your pertinent documents, such as articles of organization, corporate bylaws, and annual reports. For $60, we can put together a corporate book for your business.
- Corporate Seal. A corporate seal is used to emboss official documents with your company name. We can send you one for $40.
- Apostille Services. An apostille is a certificate that is used to authenticate a legal document being sent internationally between countries. It verifies the document as authentic. If needed, we offer this with overnight shipping for $300.
Why Hire Our Services?
We’re committed to excellence, transparency, and speed for all of our clients. Our customers are the highest priority we have. You can reach us by phone or by email, and we will always do everything we can to help with your business needs.
As a local Michigan business, we understand that navigating complex LARA requirements can be time consuming and stressful. Let us take the brunt of that work, and you can focus on what really matters—your business’s success.
Reach out with any questions or start your Michigan registered agent service today!